If you are the owner of a Subaru Outback, you are going to need to replace the tires occasionally. With that being said, it is important that you know what to look for in a tire of this type so that you can find the best tires on the market for a Subaru Outback. In his guide, we are going to review seven different tire models that will work for your vehicle as well as go over the types of tires to consider and how to choose a tire.
The Types of Tires to Consider
When you are looking for a new set of tires for your Subaru Outback, you are going to need to decide which option is going to be the best for your needs. In general, there are four types of tires that you should consider, which include:
- All-Season Tires – In most cases, this is the most common type of tire that a Subaru Outback owner will purchase. It is the most versatile option that you can consider to get a good grip in both the winter and the summer.
- Ultra High-Performance All-Season Tires – This is a type of tire that has a soft rubber surface that is able to grip the pavement more easily so that it can increase the speed that the vehicle can travel at. These tires make it easier to handle the vehicle on the road during the majority of the months, but it will not tend to do well during the winter time.
- All-Season and All-Terrain Tires – These tires are designed to be extra large so that they can be used in create traction if off-road situations. The tread pattern is a bit on the larger side as well, making the tires ideal for trucks and larger vehicles.
- Winter Tires – This is a type of tire that is designed with a more flexible rubber, which will make it easier to manage on the road when the temperature drops.
Before you consider a specific tire, you should always look into the size of the tire that is designed to fit your vehicle. If you are unsure of the type of tire that will fit your Subaru Outback, the recommended size can easily be found in the owner’s manual. The tire size will be a series of numbers and letters that will be used to denote the height, the width, and the diameter of the tires that you need to purchase.
When you are purchasing new tires, you will need to verify how much the tires should be inflated. The better the air pressure is inside of a tire, the better it will handle on the road. It will also ensure that you will be able to stop in time, so being comfortable with the air in the tires will also help to keep you safe. Tires that are not inflated properly will be bumpier when you drive, making for a more uncomfortable ride.
Best Tires for Subaru Outback 2020
The first tires that we are going to look at for your Subaru Outback come from Goodyear. This is a well-known tire company that has a wall of options that will work on any car. The tires themselves only weigh about 23 pounds each, and they are all- season tires that are designed to perform well all year long.
These tires have a speed index that tops out at 130 miles per hour, and they can easily hold a weight of about 2337 pounds.
- The treads work well in rain and snow.
- The tires are ideal for maximum performance.
- The tires perform well in all seasons, but they are not perfect in any one season.
The final product that we are going to look at is a great tire that comes from Hankook. The tire itself is a lightweight option that is only about 23.7 pounds. As another all-season option that you can chose, you will find that it works well in most types of weather.
The maximum speed for this tire is 98 miles per hour, and there is a tread wear indicator on the tire that you can use to make sure that you have enough tread for the coming season. This is also a great option that will help increase your performance and decrease the amount of hydroplaning that you do as well.
- These tires provide a smooth ride.
- These are high-quality tires that can help increase your gas mileage as well.
- These tires do not have a date code printed on them.
This is a tire that is designed to help make your car more fuel efficient. It is a model that is only about 29 pounds in weight, so it will be simple to lift and move around when you need. In addition, these tires are rated to have an 1874 pound weight limit that will increase the loads that can be carried.
These all-season tires will help to keep you safe all year long, and they are even rated with a speed index of 118 miles per hour. This tire has unique treads that will make it easier to manage in wet conditions as well as dry.
- These tires will work in all types of weather.
- These tires can make your car more fuel efficient.
- They do not have the highest weight capacity.
The next set of tires that work well for the Subaru Outback is the Kumho Solus. These tires are designed to be an all-season option that will work well at optimizing your performance during the heat of the summer, the snow in the winter, and the rain in the spring.
The treads are mainly straight on the wheels, so it will be effective for pushing the rain through the tread so that you get more gas mileage when you drive. These tires are designed to give you more power and speed as you tour the road.
- These tires are designed to provide you with great handling.
- They work well in all kinds of weather.
- They may not be the best option for snowy conditions.
Another brand of all-season tires that we are going to review comes from Toyo Tires. These are radial tires that are designed to work well in any type of weather. This includes rain, snow, and sunny conditions.
They will help your car perform well throughout the year, and they have a speed rating of 102 miles per hour. The treads on the tires are relatively straight, so the water will have no issue getting out from under the tire and preventing slippage and hydroplaning on the road.
- This tire can improve on-road performance.
- This is a tire that will work in any weather conditions.
- It is not a well-known brand of tires.
This is a tire that is designed to work during all of the seasons as well. It has a maximum load of 1477 pounds, so it will work for a Subaru Outback with ease. In addition, this tire has traction that will be stable in wet weather so that you do not hydroplane on the road.
These tires are designed to give you a comfortable option when you are on the road. The ribs on the tire are great for reducing noise, and the rib block in the center of the tire will also help maintain stability while driving at higher speeds.
- This is a great tire that will help to keep you from hydroplaning.
- The stability of this tire is amazing, especially on wet roads.
- The weight load for this tire is relatively low.
This radial tire from Milestar is a great option that will work well all year round. Since it is an all-season tire that you can easily find for your Subaru Outback, you will find that it increases your on-road performance, it increases gas mileage, and it can be a great option that will make it easier to manage wet conditions on the road.
This tire is great for preventing hydroplaning as well as other conditions that you might encounter. This is a great tire that has thick treads that will help you maintain stability as you travel. In addition, you may find that with a maximum speed capacity of 101, you have a lot of control while you drive.
- This is a tire that will work well in the rain, sun, or snow.
- This is a tire that is quite effective when it comes to maintaining stability.
- This tire is so versatile that it is not perfect in one type of weather.
When you are considering getting new tires for your Subaru Outback, you need to get the best option for the season that you are in or else find durable tires that will work well all year long. Hopefully, this guide has helped you find the best option for your vehicle, but if you still cannot find the tires that match your needs, explore our buyer’s guide one more time for some tips that you can use during the buying process.