Cars get dirty all of the time, and once you use soap and water to clean the surface, you will need to find a way to dry the vehicle, so that your car is not left with residue or water spots. Dirt and residue can even cause micro scratches to appear on the surface of the car, which can look like circular swirls in the paint. This can even happen when you use a bathroom towel to dry off the surface. It may seem fine, but you will be able to see the damage that a cotton blend can leave behind with continuous use.
In this guide, we are going to look at fifteen different car drying towels that you can consider for detailing your car. We will also take a look at the best materials to use and some of the considerations that you might want to make before making any purchase.
Car Drying Towel Buyer’s Guide
Types of Material
When it comes to drying your car, there are two different types of towels that you will want to consider. These are chamois towels and microfiber towels. Let’s take a look at both so that you can compare them.
This option is the most water absorbent, so if you are really looking to dry off your car, then this may be a good option to choose. Also known as a shammy, this type of towel is soft and quick drying. It can be made from a leather or synthetic material.
This type of towel will help prevent you from scratching the paint, and when you are done using it, you can easily wring the towel out to dry. Sometimes this type of towel can be coated with oil to help maintain its absorbency, so before using it on your car, you will need to remove the oil by first washing it in soapy water.
The other option that most people like to use is a microfiber towel. This is a more budget-friendly option that is also great at absorbing water. Typically, these towels are machine washable, and there are different piles available, ranging in size and plushness. For drying purposes, you are going to want to consider long pile or waffle weave pile. These are going to be the softest options that you can find, and they tend to be the most absorbent.
Considerations to Make When Purchasing
- The size of your vehicle – Will you be able to use a single towel to dry your car, or do you have a larger SUV or a truck that may require a few to dry the vehicle completely? Once the towel is wet, it will not absorb water as well, so you will need to either purchase a larger towel or have a few on hand that you can use.
- Snag risks that may exist – When you use a microfiber cloth, it is easy for the material to snag on anything that it comes in contact with. This can include any type of imperfections that are on the body of your car, so if there is damage, then you may wish to consider another type of cloth that will not act as a magnet to the imperfections on your vehicle.
Best Car Microfibre Towels 2020
The first car drying towel that we are going to be looking at in this guide is this one from Chemical Guys. It is available to purchase in packs of one, three, six, or twelve, and in various sizes – a 16-inch by 16-inch option, a 16-inch by 24-inch option, and a 25-inch by 36-inch option.
The towel is yellow in color, and is designed to be long-lasting and durable. The edge of the towel has a silk border that will help prevent swirls and scratches from appearing on the car’s surface. It is made of a 70/30 blend that is extra soft and picks up dirt with ease. It is machine washable.
- This towel is extremely plush, which makes it ideal for detailing your car.
- The silk edges of the towel are designed to prevent scratches from occurring.
- The tags on the towels can be removed easily, so they don’t scratch the paint.
- The towel will pick up lint if it is machine dried.
- It can leave fibers behind.
Next up is another option that is manufactured by Chemical Guys. It is designed to dry your car without leaving any lint behind. It is also a soft 70/30 blend that will not scratch your vehicle or leave swirls on the surface. The towel is grey in color, and is designed with a silk edge that will keep your car free from additional scratches as you dry it.
The towel is 25 inches by 32 inches, and is designed to stay soft and easy to use, even after it is washed 100 times. This is a towel that can also be machine washed, just do not wash it with other things or tumble dry it.
- This towel is excellent for absorbing water.
- The towel is very plush, which stops it from scratching your car.
- It dries quite a bit before it needs to be wrung out.
- It leaves a lot of fibers behind.
- The towel doesn’t glide well.
This professional-grade microfiber towel is another product that comes to us from Chemical Guys. It is yellow in color with black silk edging. This towel is available in three different sizes, and can be purchased in packs of one, three, six, or 12.
This plush towel is designed to be gentle on your car while fully absorbing all surface water. It will not leave any scratches or water spots behind. It is designed to show the dirt as it is removed, so you will know when to flip the towel. It can also be machine washed easily, so whenever it becomes dirty, just toss it in the washer.
- This towel is great at absorbing water.
- Because of the 70/30 composition of the cloth, it dries without scratching the vehicle.
- It is available in multiple sizes.
- This towel leaves a lot of lint behind.
- The silk border on the towel can shrink over its lifetime.
The first product that we are going to review that is not manufactured by Chemical Guys is a set of two microfiber cloths that have a waffle weave. This set of towels comes from Zwipes, and they are each 25 inches by 36 inches in size. The pockets that the waffle weave creates are great for absorbency when drying your car, and it will also be an effective way to dust and dry clean your car’s surfaces.
This towel acts like a magnet, so there is no need for cleaning spray or chemicals. In addition, this towel is so large that it’s able to dry an SUV, a truck, or a boat with ease. It’s a very soft towel that is designed to be quite durable. It can even be machine washed.
- This towel is very easy to wring out.
- The colors of the towel do not bleed when washed.
- The product is extremely plush, which will help with absorption.
- They can leave tiny micro scratches on the paint of some vehicles.
- The tag cannot be removed.
The next towel that we are going to look at is another waffle weave microfiber cloth. It is designed with a super soft weave that is great for absorption, with smaller pockets within the towel for soaking up water. It has a very plush feel that is perfect for ensuring that your vehicle is not left with scratches when you are done drying.
The silk edges of the towel are soft and gentle on paint and are designed to dry your vehicle safely. It is grey in color, doesn’t bleed when washed, and as it is so durable, it does not need to be washed by hand.
- This microfiber cloth is very soft to the touch.
- It is a large towel that will accommodate cars of any size.
- It is excellent at absorbing a lot of water.
- You will need to wring the towel out frequently.
- It can snag easily on your car’s logo.
If you are looking for a multi pack that will last you, then consider these towels from Polyte which come in sets of 6, 12, 24, and 36, so you will always have plenty of towels to dry your vehicle fully. The sets come in two color options; grey, camel, and blue , or blue, green, and yellow.
The towels are designed to be extremely soft and absorbent. They will dry most vehicles in about half the time, and they will leave a lint-free surface that is not scratched or damaged in any way. This is a set of towels that can be cleaned with ease. In fact, they can be machine washed without bleeding or fraying.
- They are very quick to dry.
- They have a plush surface that is extremely soft.
- Good choice of colors.
- Not recommended for tumble drying.
- Can leave a lot of lint behind.
This is set of two microfiber towels have waffle weaving. The towels have a blend of 70/30, and they can be purchased in multiple sizes and colors, the majority being white and shades of blue. The edges of the towel have a microfiber suede edge that will prevent your vehicle from becoming scratched.
This is a towel that is capable of absorbing up to 10 times its weight, so you will easily get your vehicle completely dry. They are also noticeably plush, and even after several washes, they will still seem very soft.
- This is a great towel that has a high level of absorbency.
- Each set comes with more than one towel.
- It does a great job of eliminating water spots.
- The waffle design does not improve absorbency.
This set of towels, produced by KinHwa comes in a set of three, with a color choice of either grey or black. The towels are 16 inches by 24 inches, so they will be large enough to dry your car quickly. They are also highly absorbent, and will leave you with a streak-free car.
The plush towels are designed with a waffle weave that will help absorb more water without frequent wringing. They are also designed with a silk edge that will help provide you with a layer of scratch-free protection. This towel can be machine washed and dried on low.
- These towels are great at absorbing liquid.
- They are relatively large towels.
- The silk edge is excellent for avoiding scratches.
- The waffle design is not very pronounced.
- The material could be more durable.
These microfiber towels are available in a 36-pack. They are ideal for people looking for streak, scratch, and lint free features. They are also multipurpose, implying that you can use them to clean the interior and exterior of your car, mirrors, windows, kitchen floor, and the bathroom effectively. The pile is extra high and they are machine washable for ease of cleaning.
The microfiber towels are 16-inch by 16-inch in size. They are made with 80 percent polyester and 20 percent polyamide, which renders them plush and of premium quality.
- The towels are lightweight for ease of cleaning.
- They can handle a variety of cleaning routines.
- They are affordable.
- They are large enough for efficiency.
- They are highly effective dust magnets.
- They are of a superior quality.
- You have to wash them frequently to avoid lint build up.
These plush and extra microfibers 550 GSM towels might just be the best car drying towel. They feature satin-piped edges and are lint-free. The towel’s design features dimensions of 16 inches x 16 inches, and are available in a 6 pack and are blue in color.
The towels are ideal for polishing and touch-ups. They are made from premium quality microfiber material that is lint-free. They are gentle so they do not scratch your surfaces. The corners are rounded so the towels do not curl unnecessarily, and the piped edges mean that you will not have to worry about the towel fraying.
- They have a perfect plush and are gentle for flawless cleaning.
- The towel’s size is perfect for cleaning interiors with hard to reach stubborn stains.
- They are tag-less, making them safe for use on all types of delicate surfaces.
- They may shed during use after several washes.
This pack of 50 microfiber towels is available in five different colors for diversity. You will get green, blue, yellow, white, and orange towels (10 each). They are designed with a scratch resistant technology. This makes the microfiber towels ideal for use on sensitive surfaces without the worry of causing any damage. They leave no streaks and are lint free for flawless cleaning. As such, you do not need to use them with chemicals to achieve a perfect clean.
- These microfiber towels are absorbent.
- The design is quick drying.
- They will absorb liquid up to 8 times their weight.
- You can also use them to clean your face, especially when removing make up.
- They may be a little too thin for some uses.
- They may be a bit rough and leave streaks and lint on the cleaned surface.
You can’t go wrong with this pack of ultra-thick polishing, waxing, drying, and cleaning towels. Each cloth features 840gsm and you will get 3 of them in this pack. They are designed with double-layer plush microfiber that enhances their absorbency capabilities. They are a great choice if you are looking for a lint-free, spot-free, streak-free, and scratch-free clean surface. They are fluffy for perfect cleaning and tough on dirt. They might just be the best microfiber towels for yourcar. The material used is strong and durable.
- The towel is plush and soft for use on delicate automobile surfaces, so no scratching.
- The over-lock stitched edges make the towels super durable and allow the user to reuse them.
- The edges may be a bit abrasive on sensitive surfaces
- These towels may not be the best at absorbing liquid despite their thickness.
If you are looking to transform your cleaning experience, you could get yourself this 8 pack of microfiber towels that are supplied in 4 colors (2 each). They are streak free, lint free, and absorbent for perfect cleaning. They are the best all-purpose microfiber cloths you will find in the market. They are designed in dimensions of 14.2 inches by 14.2 inches and are made with 80 percent polyester and 20 percent polyamide that enhance their quality and durability. The towels are also machine washable although you will need to air dry them to enhance their longevity.
- These towels are the best microfiber cloths that will remove dirt and grime just like a magnet.
- They are reliably absorbent and they will hold between 5 to 6 times their weights.
- They will leave a flawless surface without using chemicals.
- The attached labels may scratch super sensitive surfaces.
These 16 x 16 inch cleaning towels are made with a 350 gsm material. They are premium ultrasonic cut for quality cleaning and durability. This ensures that the edges do not snag even after regular use and means that their cleaning ability is on another level as they leave all surfaces smooth and flawless. They are supplied in a pack of 12 and are all yellow. They will give you a lint-free, streak-free, and scratch-free finish. They can be used when wet or dry, and with or without cleaning chemicals.
- They are absorbent, making them perfect for all your detailing needs.
- They have no labels or surged edges that would cause damage to your delicate surfaces.
- They are highly versatile.
- Some users may find them to be a bit thin and unable to absorb large volumes of water.
These are the best kitchen dishcloths that come with poly scour sides. They are supplied in dimensions of 13.7 by 13.7-inch. Each pack contains 6 towels with each made in a different color. They are nonabrasive so you won’t have to worry about scratching off paint, coating, or sensitive surfaces. They are made with 80 percent polyester and 20 percent polyamide for ease of cleaning, drying, and durability.
- They are multifunctional; they can be used as dishtowels, bath towels, or car washing cloths.
- The fiber used to make them is superfine for a perfect cleaning ability.
- Can be used with or without chemicals thanks to their 110,000 fibers per square inch.
- Their absorbency ability is low, which limits continuous drying, especially when it comes to utensils.
When you are trying to maintain the exterior of your car and keep it nice looking, it is essential to have a great car drying towel that will absorb water well without leaving water spots or scratches behind. All of the drying towels that we have looked at in this guide are worthy of consideration.
Hopefully, you will find one that meets your needs, but if not, then you can take another look at our reviews and the buyer’s guide to help you make a decision.