Cars get dirty all of the time, and once you use soap and water to clean the surface, you are going to need to have a way to dry the vehicle so that your car does not have residue or water spots left on it. Dirt and residue can even cause micro scratches to appear on the surface of the car, which can look like circular swirls in the paint. This can even happen when you use a bathroom towel to dry off the surface. It may seem fine, but you will be able to see the damage that a cotton blend can leave behind with continuous use.
In this guide, we are going to look at eight different car drying towels that you can consider for detailing your car. We will also take a look at the best materials to use and some of the considerations that you will want to make before making any purchase.
Car Drying Towel Buyer’s Guide
Type of Material
When it comes to drying your car, there are two different types of towels that you will want to consider. These are chamois towels and microfiber towels. Let’s take a look at both so that you can compare them.
This is the option that is the most water absorbent, so if you are really looking to dry off your car, then this may be a good option to choose. Also known as a shammy, this type of towel is soft and quick drying. It can be made from a leather material or something a little more synthetic. This type of towel will help prevent you from scratching the paint, and when you are done using it, you can easily wring the towel out to dry. Sometimes this type of towel can be coated with oil to help maintain its absorbance level, so before using it on your car, you will want to remove the oil by cleaning it in soapy water.
The other option that most people like to use is a microfiber towel. This is a more budget-friendly option that is great at absorbing water as well. Typically, these towels are machine washable, and there are different piles that you can get that will range in size and how plush they are. For drying purposes, you are going to want to consider long pile or waffle weave pile. These are going to be the softest options that you can find, and they tend to be the most absorbent.
Considerations to Make When Purchasing a Car Drying Towel
- The size of your vehicle – Will you be able to use a single towel to dry your car, or do you have a larger SUV or a truck that may require a few to dry the vehicle completely. Once the towel is wet, it will not absorb water as well, so you will need to either purchase a larger towel or have a few on hand that you can use.
- Snag risks that may exist – When you use a microfiber cloth, it is easy for the material to snag on anything that it comes in contact with. This can include any type of imperfections that you can find on the body of your car, so if there is damage, then you may wish to consider another type of cloth that will not act as a magnet with the imperfections on your vehicle.
Car Drying Towel Reviews
The first car drying towel that we are going to be looking at in this guide is one that comes from Chemical Guys. You can choose to purchase a pack of one, three, six, or twelve, and you can also choose the size of the towel that you will need. This variety comes in three sizes, which include a 16-inch by 16-inch option, a 16-inch by 24-inch option, and a 25-inch by 36-inch option.
The towel is yellow in color, and it is designed to be long-lasting and durable. The edge of the towel has a silk border that will help prevent swirls and scratches from appearing on the car’s surface. It is made of a 70/30 blend that is extra soft and picks up dirt with ease. It is also a towel that can be washed in a washing machine when it needs to be cleaned.
- This towel is extremely plush, which makes it ideal for detailing your car.
- The silk edges of the towel are designed to prevent scratches from occurring.
- The tags on the towels can be removed easily, so they don’t scratch the paint.
- The towel will pick up lint if it is machine dried.
- It leaves fibers behind any time that you use it.
The next car drying towel that we are going to look at is another option that is manufactured by Chemical Guys. It is designed to dry your car without leaving any lint behind. It is also a soft 70/30 blend that will not scratch your vehicle or leave swirls on the surface. The towel is gray in color, and it is designed to have a silk edge that will keep your car free from additional scratches as you dry it.
The towel is 25 inches by 32 inches, and it is designed to stay soft and easy to use, even after it is washed 100 times. This is a towel that can be machine washed as well, just do not wash it with other things of dry it in a machine.
- This towel is excellent for absorbing water.
- The towel is very plush, which keeps it from scratching your car.
- It dries quite a bit before it needs to be rung out.
- It leaves a lot of fibers behind.
- The towel doesn’t slide well.
This professional-grade microfiber towel is another product that comes to us from Chemical Guys. It is yellow in color, and the exterior ring around the edge of the towel is made of silk, and it is black in color. This towel is available in three different sizes, and you can purchase a pack of one, three, six, or 12.
The plush towel is designed to be gentle on your car while fully absorbing all of the water that you are trying to dry. It will not leave any scratches or water spots behind. This is an option that is designed to show the dirt, so you will know when to flip the towel. It can also be machine washed easily, so whenever it becomes dirty, just toss it in the washer.
- This towel is great at absorbing water.
- Because of the 70/30 composition of the cloth, it dries without scratching the vehicle.
- It comes in multiple sizes.
- This towel leaves a lot of lint behind when it dries a vehicle.
- The silk border on the towel can shrink over its lifetime.
The first product that we are going to review that is not manufactured by Chemical Guys is a set of two microfiber cloths that have a waffle weave. This is a set of towels that come from Zwipes, and they are each 25 inches by 36 inches in size. The pockets that the waffle weave creates are great for absorbency when you need to dry your car, and it will also be an effective way to dust and dry clean your car’s surfaces as well.
This towel acts like a magnet, so there is no need for cleaning spray or chemicals. In addition, this towel is so large that it’s able to dry an SUV, a truck, or a boat with ease. It’s a very soft towel that is designed to be quite durable. It can even be machine washed to help keep it clean.
- This towel is very simple to wring out.
- The colors of the towel do not bleed when it is washed.
- The product is extremely plush, which will help with absorption.
- They can leave tiny micro scratches on the paint of some vehicles.
- The tag cannot be removed.
The next towel that we are going to look at is another waffle weave microfiber cloth. It is designed with a super soft weave that is great for absorption, especially since there are a lot of smaller pockets in the towel where the water can be picked up. It has a very plush feel that is perfect for ensuring that your vehicle is not filled with scratches when you are done drying it. It will also be a great way to keep micro scratches from the surface as well.
The edges of the towel are all designed to dry your vehicle safely. It has a silk band on the rim that is soft and gentle on paint. It is gray in color, so there is no bleeding when it is washed, and since it is so durable, it does not need to be washed by hand.
- This microfiber cloth is very soft to the touch.
- It is a large towel that will accommodate the dimensions of any car.
- It is excellent at absorbing a lot of water.
- You will need to wring the towel out frequently.
- It can snag easily on your car’s logo.
If you are looking for a pack with a few microfiber towels that you can use so that you have them for a while, then this set from Polyte comes in a set of six, 12, 24, and 36. This will ensure that you have plenty of towels to dry your vehicle fully. The sets come in two color option. The one set that you can purchase is gray, camel, and blue while the other one is blue, green, and yellow.
The towels are designed to be extremely soft and absorbent. They will dry most vehicles in about half the time, and they will leave a lint-free surface that is not scratched or damaged in any way. This is a set of towels that can be cleaned with ease; in fact, they can be put into the washing machine without it bleeding or fraying.
- They are very quick to dry.
- They have a plush surface that is extremely soft.
- The colors that are offered are great.
- The heat in the dryer can be too much for these towels.
- It leaves a lot of lint behind.
This is a set of two microfiber towels that have waffle weaving. The towels have a blend of 70/30, and they can be purchased in multiple sizes and colors. Most of the color options are white and some shade of blue. The edges of the towel have a microfiber suede edge that will help to keep your vehicle from getting scratched.
This is a towel that is capable of absorbing up to 10 times its weight, so you will have an easy time using one or two to get your vehicle completely dry. It is also noticeably plush, and even after several washed, it will still seem very soft.
- This is a great towel that has a high level of absorbency.
- Each set comes with more than one towel.
- It does a great job of eliminating water spots.
- The waffle design does not help the towel absorb more.
The final set of towels that we are going to look at for drying your vehicle is going be available from KinHwa. It comes in a set of three, and you can either choose to purchase black towels or gray ones. The towels are 16 inches by 24 inches, so they will be large enough to dry your car quickly. They also have high absorbency levels, which will give you a streak-free car.
The plush towels are designed with a waffle weave that will help absorb more without wringing the towel out quite as much. It is also designed with a silk edge that will help provide you with a layer of scratch-free protection. This towel can be machine washed and dried on low.
- These towels are great at absorbing liquid.
- They are relatively large towels.
- The silk edge is excellent for avoiding scratches.
- The waffle design is not very pronounced.
- The material could be more durable.
These microfiber towels are available in a 36-pack. They are ideal for people looking for streak, scratch, and lint free features. They are also multipurpose, implying that you can use them to clean the interior and exterior of your car, mirrors, windows, kitchen floor, and the bathroom effectively. The pile is extra high and they are machine washable for ease of cleaning.
The microfiber towels are 16-inch by 16-inch in dimensions. They are made with 80 percent polyester and 20 percent polyamide, which renders them plush and of premium quality.
- The towels are lightweight for ease of cleaning.
- They can handle a variety of cleaning routines.
- They are affordable.
- They are large enough for efficiency.
- They are highly effective dust magnets.
- They are of a superior quality.
- You have to wash them severally if you do not want to notice any lint after cleaning
These plush and extra microfibers 550 GSM towels might just be the best best car drying towel. They feature satin-piped edges and are lint-free. The towel’s design features dimensions of 16 inches x 16 inches. You will get them in a 6 pack and are available in blue.
The towels are ideal for polishing and touch-ups. They are made from premium quality microfiber material that is lint-free. They are gentle so they do not scratch your surfaces. The corners are rounded so the towels do not curl unnecessarily. This is complemented by the piped edges, implying that you will not have to worry about the towel fraying.
- They have a perfect plush and are gentle for flawless cleaning.
- The towel’s size is perfect for cleaning interiors with stubborn stains that are hard to reach.
- They are tag-less, making them safe for use on all types of delicate surfaces.
- They may shed during use after several washes.
This pack of 50 microfiber towels is available in five different colors for diversity. You will get green, blue, yellow, white, and orange towels (10 each). They are designed in a scratch resistant technology. This makes the microfiber towels ideal for use on sensitive surfaces without having to worry about their safety. They have no streaks and are lint free for flawless cleaning. As such, you do not need to use them with chemicals to achieve a perfect cleaning.
- These microfiber towels are absorbent.
- The design is quick drying.
- They will absorb wetness up to 8 times their weight.
- You can also use them to clean your face, especially when removing make up.
- They may be a little too thin for some uses.
- They may be a bit rough and leave streaks and lint on the cleaned surface.
You can never go wrong with this pack of ultra-thick polishing, waxing, drying, and cleaning towels. Each cloth features 840gsm and you will get 3 of them. They are designed with double-layer plush microfiber that enhances their absorbent capabilities. They are a great choice if you are looking for a lint-free, spot-free, streak-free, and scratch-free clean surface. They are fluffy for perfect cleaning and tough on dirt. They might just be the best microfiber towels for car. The material used is strong and durable.
- The towel is plush and soft for use on delicate automobile surfaces; no scratching.
- The over-lock stitched edges make the towels super durable and allow the user to reuse them.
- The edges may be a bit abrasive on sensitive surfaces
- These towels may not be the best at absorbing wetness despite their thickness.
If you are looking to transform your cleaning experience, you could get yourself these 8 pieces of microfiber towels that are available in 4 colors (2 each). They are streak free, lint free, and absorbent for perfect cleaning. They are the best all-purpose microfiber cloths you will find in the market. They are designed in dimensions of 14.2 inches by 14.2 inches and are made with 80 percent polyester and 20 percent polyamide that enhance their quality and durability. The towels are also machine washable although you will need to air dry them to enhance their longevity.
- These towels are the best microfiber cloths that will remove dirt and grime just like a magnet.
- They are reliably absorbent since they will hold between 5 to 6 times their weights.
- They will leave a flawless surface without using chemicals.
- They come with labels that may end up scratching super sensitive surfaces.
These 16 x 16 inch cleaning towels are made with a 350 GSM material. They are premium ultrasonic cut for quality cleaning and durability. This ensures that the edges do not sag even after regular use. This means that their cleaning ability is on another level since they leave all surfaces smooth and flawless. They come in a pack of 12 and are all yellow. They will give you a lint-free, streak-free, and scratch-free finish. You can use them when wet or dry and with or without cleaning chemicals.
- They are absorbent, making them perfect for all your detailing needs.
- They have no labels or surged edges that would cause damage to your delicate surfaces.
- They are highly versatile.
- Some users may find them to be a bit thin and unable to absorb large volumes of water.
These are the best kitchen dishcloths that come with poly scour sides. They are designed in dimensions of 13.7 by 13.7-inch. Each pack contains 6 pieces with each made in a different color. The design of these towels is nonabrasive so you won’t worry about scratching off paint, coating, or sensitive surfaces. They are made with 80 percent polyester and 20 percent polyamide for ease of cleaning, drying, and durability.
- They are multifunctional; they can be used as dishtowels, bath towels, or car washing cloths.
- The fiber used to make them is superfine for a perfect cleaning ability.
- With the towels, you can clean with or without chemicals thanks to their 110,000 fibers per square inch.
- Their absorptive ability is low, which limits you from continued drying, especially when it comes to utensils.
When you are trying to maintain the exterior of your car and keep it nice looking, it is essential to have a great car drying towel that will absorb water well without leaving water sports or scratches behind. All of the drying towels that we have looked at in this guide can be a great option to consider. Hopefully, you have found one that fits your needs, but if not, then you can take another look at our reviews and the buyer’s guide to help you make a decision.